Water/rain leaks, 1999 CX hatchback

This seems to be a recurring theme. Last winter, the back leaked. Sealing the taillights fixed the problem although we never figured out exactly where the leak was.
Now, the driverís side floor is filling up with a LOT of water, but again we cannot determine the source. Thereís a gasket running along the outside top egde of the roof, and we had racks on the car - is that a likely source? Or is it more likely the doors themselves? The seals there appear to be fine, visually. Any hints for sleuthing this out without having to replace all seals and gaskets?
Thanks for your help.
‚úĖ
dl wrote:

sleuthing is the only option. try water with food dye in it if necessary.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
dl wrote:

I had some of this on mine, but on the passenger side.. I checked and cleaned the door gaskets. Also made sure all the drain holes were clear. I think that helped more than anything. I don't get very much at all now. Open the hood and trunk and look for any drain holes. Mine has them up in front of the windshield , two on each side. They have rubber grommets. Stick something in those to make sure they are clear. Pour water down the windshield, etc to make sure they drain. I don't think the trunk has those, but make sure no trash is piling up around the trunk gasket area/water valley behind the back window. When you check the door gaskets, clean them real good to make sure no dirt is breaking the seals. On mine, trying to locate the leak was not easy. I'd have water in front and back passenger side, but see no obvious leaks anywhere dripping. Was really weird.. So... I tend to think cleaning the drain holes up in front of the windshield helped more than anything. Every time I open the hood, I clean the debris that falls from the trees, and make sure the drains are clear. I get lots of leaves, acorns, etc that constantly fall and clog things. MK
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
MK wrote: So... I tend to think cleaning the drain holes up in front of the windshield helped more than anything. Every time I open the hood, I clean the debris that falls from the trees, and make sure the drains are clear.
Well, there was a lot of debris there, as you say. But it looks to me like my front windshield drains thru where the windshield wipers come out, and itís a big hole. On the passenger side thereís just a big space under the hood gasket. No sign of grommets.
Weíve siliconed the seal on the roof and will try pouring water when itís a little warmer.
Thanks for the suggestions.
‚úĖ