weird AC problem

I have a 99 civic. The air conditioning usually works beautifully. I usually drive about 11 miles to and from work, but don't use my car much beyond that. A few weeks ago, on a hot and humid day, I was driving on a highway for about 40 miles. The AC kept alternating between nice cool air and hot and humid air. It wasn't very pleasant. Since then, I've had no problems at all. What could have caused this?

Thanks!

Reply to
nooneinparticular314159

-----------------------------------

On rec.autos.makers.honda This question is being discussed for the last few days. If it's getting hotter than the ambient temp, your heater core is circulating HOT water because the valve isn't shutting off.

Parts diagrams are at

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Why would this happen intermitantly?

Is this an expensive repair? (Assume that I will not repair it myself.)

Is it something that I could do myself easily?

Thanks.

'Curly Q. L> >

Reply to
nooneinparticular314159