weird noise?

2000 Honda Accord EX-V6 56000km It sounds similar to the alternator whine you get from your speakers when you have a bad ground, except its coming from under the hood. Can't tell
where it is coming from, either from firewall side of engine or passenger side. Changes pitch slightly when rpm's increase.
Check the water pump.
G-Man

G-Man wrote:

I'll second that - possible water pump bearing, or other small bearing (alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump).
Happy The Clown wrote:

I was gonna say fluid in power steering pump is low, but isn't that on the driver's side?
I don't know if Accord's have them but, my CR-V had a whining noise as well and ended up being a A/C idler pulley bearing. Got the part at the Acura dealer for around $35. Took about 30 minutes to install and a skinned knuckle or two :-)

It's an alternator. the delphi units on the v-6 are famous for going south. Herb
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 16:04:10 -0400, "Happy The Clown"