WHAT CAN BE INSPECTED WHEN REPLACING CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING?

2006 RSX-S, 20K miles
My car is going in soon for an already diagnosed replacement of the clutch-release bearing.
I would like to know what components are accessible or relatively easy
to access while that procedure is being done so I can make a request to check things out while they're in there. (For example can the clutch be inspected? how about transmission/synchros?)
The only other issue I have is shifting is notchier and less agreeable than when the car was brand new and all upshifts/downshifts were teflon smooth.
Matt |mjs-at=ripco=dot-com|