What is this noise?

I drove over a pothole today, and immediately after that, I heard something rolling around -- sounded like it came from inside the dashboard, right behind the steering wheel. I heard the rolling sound
a few more times, when I made turns. Any idea what that could be? The car (a 97 Accord) seems to be operating fine still.
NB wrote:

Old psychiatry joke follows:
You've lost your marbles.
'Curly'

I was thinking he lost his bearings in a GPS system.<g>
Realy, does it sound like it's sphericalor maybe with edges, like a nut?

Sounds like he has a screw loose. :^)
Really...a screw used on one of the many items in the dash may have been working loose (the car's 11 years old) and may have finally dislodged upon hitting the pothole. A good crawl under the dash with a flashlight and some prodding around may find the cause.