What weight oil in 2003 Civic EX

I just bought a 2003 Civic EX and want to change the oil this weekend to Mobil 1. What weight oil does Honda recommend? The car is not here at the present time.

Thanks,

glen at ccim dot net

Reply to
glenf

"glenf" wrote in news:7Knog.2555$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Honda wants you to use 5W-20. What viscosity of Mobil1 were you planning to use?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I thought that it was 5-something. I think that Costco has Mobil 1 in 5-20. I know that they have 10-30; but they also have a 5-something.

Reply to
glenf

Honda specifies 5W-20 for that vehicle in the US. You probably could also run 5W-30 without any worries.

John

Reply to
John Horner