wheel bearing problems

I have a 2000 Honda accord with a previous front end accident. I have just had the rear passenger side wheel bearings changed (3 months ago) and now need the rear drivers side done. My Honda mechanic says this is surprising and only usually happens when there has been a rear end accident. Any thoughts on why this has happened? Thanks.

Reply to
dharder

It sat in 3 feet of water for a while? :-(

Are you sure that both your top and bottom slider pins in the brakes are getting proper lubrication when the pads are inspected? It may not be the wheel bearing at all. Some techs swivel the caliper UP and forget to inspect the pin they just unbolted.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I have had to replace both rear wheel bearings on my 2000 Accord. Of course it has 240,000 miles on it. The local Honda dealer actually carries them in stock and told me it was pretty common.

Reply to
Bryan Brown