When a dealer offers 10% off maintenance?

Page 2 of 2
ACAR wrote:

but you said "your local dealership can't make it off new car sales". it's the manufacturer that takes it in the shorts from deep discounting, not the dealer.

Honda dealership - is that better?
ACAR wrote:

no! it's corporate that takes the loss, not the retailer! retailers get great margins - how else do you think they pay for that high-visibility acreage? and sales commissions to the person you meet when you walk in the door? and hugely expensive advertising that keeps your local newspapers afloat?

Oh yeah! <rolls eyes>
My Stealer changed my brake pads twice in the first 30K $250 each time.
Because they "had to".
carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Depends on the dealer, but I'm sure they will make it up someway.
I tell the shop what I want, if they find something else I discuss it. About 6 years ago I was told my auto transmission cooling tubes needed replacement as they were seeping. A year later I asked a different dealer to check same and get back to me; they advised me the clamps just needed tightening.

If you loosen them, they might seep.
Just sayin'.
Out of curiosity, how old was the car with how many miles?
J.
On 2007-07-11 10:03:31 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

It means that you will still be overpaying.
-slim