When to Change Timing Belt????

I had my Timing Belt on my 1993 Civic changed along with the Water Pump at 105,000 miles. I am now at 146,000, when should I have it changed again before it snaps??

Reply to
piperspost

I have a 1993 Accord and the recommended interval is 90,000 miles. I have 149,200 miles on the car now and changed the timing belt(& water pump) at 102,000. I don't plan to change it again until 200,000 miles. Rich

Reply to
Rich

There should be inpection holes so you can see the belts condition. Is it a interfering engine or a "free wheeling " engine. beter find that out because if it is a interfering and the belt breaks...oh boy what an expense. Valves hitting pistons and bending valves and possibly puttting holes in the pistons. I had a car towed to me once and the people said it just died. so i took at the inspection holes where the belt is and it was ripped up. I next turn the engine over manually and i noticed it was acting funny. Turns out it they negelcted to change the belt. It ended up being cheaper to replace the engine. the cost of new pistons and valves and labor expense was more than a rebulit engine............

Reply to
Garry

[...]

You've only told us ONE THIRD of the equation. We'd have to know WHEN the belt was changed as well. Your LOCATION is important too, since you could be in Alaska and not own a garage or a block heater. Your Owner's Manual tells you how to figure it out.

Use the SEARCH function of your newsreader and look back a couple days to see MANY posts on this exact question.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

I live in Florida & I beleive that it was changed back in 1998 or 1999 at 105,000 miles. I am noe at 146,500 miles and wonder if I should have it changed yet

Reply to
piperspost