when to get a capacitor?

I was planning on installing a 440 watt amp

. Do I need a capacitor for this? I have an 2005 Accord =VP.

Reply to
Guest

amp

.> Do I need a capacitor for this? I have an 2005 Accord VP. Unlikely.

You can tell if the vehicles lights dim with transient surges (usually bass hits). When that happens it means the amp is doing a large sudden draw, robbing power from other systems. That is what a capacitor is there to help with.

Reply to
Seth

amp

.>> Do I need a capacitor for this? I have an 2005 Accord VP.>

Thanks. That was a fast response.

Reply to
Guest

Call Crutchfield tech support. You can get a more reliable answer than on an open forum.

amp

.>>> Do I need a capacitor for this? I have an 2005 Accord VP.>>

Reply to
Woody