where can i find existing hole in firewall to get to inside car

hello. i have 1994 civic. where can i find an existing hole in the engine firewall to get wires inside to my car? does somebody have pictures they can show me? thanks!

Reply to
jameskcheng

Rotsa Ruck..I had to drill holes for mine. Drilled them on the floor just where it meets the firewall. There may be some holes with rubber plugs, but danged if I could find any free for usage. MK

Reply to
nm5k

Open up one of your front doors all the way and examine any holes or cracks that could pass a wire through to the engine compartment. That's how I got a subwoofer power wire to the battery.

Reply to
Rocinante

Sometimes you can use the holes which are already in use by other wire bundles. Remove the electrical tape on the engine side of the wire bundle on the firewall right where it goes through the firewall where it connects to the grommet. Give your new wires a light coat of silicone grease at the end to help get them started through the grommet of the wire bundle. Note that you'll be forcing this wire along the side of the existing wire bundle and not through the middle of it. Once you get the wire through, you can carefully pull it out to the length needed. Clean off any silicone grease which remains near the firewall grommet with some contact cleaner, let it dry, and then rewrap it with some fresh electrical tape to help seal out water from getting through the grommet.

Eric

Reply to
Eric