Where is Main Relay located?

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX Sedan (4 cyld).
I just checked my repair manual and believe it or not--the Main Relay is not mentioned in the index. Where is it located in my car. I'm not having
any problems--but would would like to know where it is in case I do have to replace or repair it.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Jason wrote:

Did you look under the full name, "PGM FI Main relay"? In my Helm manual (Civic, not Accord, so I can't tell you where the relay is on your car) there are component location drawings at the beginning of the fuel injection section. The PGM FI Main relay is marked in one of those drawings.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:

Thanks--I'll try to find it on the drawings. My repair manual was made by Haynes and that is probably why my manual is different from your manual. I just checked the index again and it is not listed under PGM F1 Main Relay.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in

Well that explains everything. Haynes is not really that useful, to be polite about it.
Go here: www.helminc.com Spend the dough and buy a REAL manual.

Eff-eye, not eff-one. "FI" stands for Fuel Injection.
The full name is: ProGraMmed-Fuel Injection Main Relay.
It is the heart of the Honda fuel delivery system.
On many left-hand drive vehicles it's to the LEFT of the steering column, just behind the knee bolster.
The bolster has a few screws and some clips. You need to study yours carefully to see exactly how to take it off.
This quickie photo sequence I just did tonight may help. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelaylocation / (sorry for the blurry first two)
This is specific to the 2nd gen Integra. The PGM-FI Main Relay is the larger of the two you see in the photos.
For other info and pics, see: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/MainRelay.HTM http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelayoperation/index.html
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Hello, Thanks for the info. I'll look for it tomorrow. I'll also visit the web site. I have seen the fuse box under the dash and the OBD II connector. Where is the main relay in relation to the fuse box and the OB II connector? Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO