Where is the VSS on 95 Accord 4 cyl.

I think this is where my problem is concerning my speedometer.

It's on top of the transmission.
Why do you think that's the problem? Is your Check Engine light on? Does the transmission shift weirdly?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

No check engine and the trans seems to be working ok. Just the speedometer stops at 17-18 or 20 mph and the odometers don't move. Sometimes, after driving on the highway for 15 minutes or so it magically starts to work again but then after I shut the car off it goes back to being weird. Google searches show people reporting these symptoms and correcting it either reseating the connector or replacing the VSS.

If your tranny is shifting normally and the CEL is not on, chances are good the VSS itself is OK. Have you checked the ECU for stored codes?
It's probably your speedometer itself. You can get replacements at the wreckers.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Thanks, I'll check that out when I figure out how to get the stored ECU codes. I hope it doesn't require any special gizmo's.
For what it's worth, the problem seems to alleviate itself quicker, (that is the speedo and odo seems to start working again sooner) the warmer it is outside.
I think it wants me to move to Florida.

See here for how: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/3173_ICCR_E_14JAN03.pdf
The Honda section starts on page 13.

Then it may be an electrical problem. Check out the connector at the VSS.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

That was it. I found the VSS on top of the trans, pushed the wires back into the connector and wiggled the connector and made sure it was pushed in properly and VOILA!! Speedometer is acting all normal again.
My guess is when I hit that ice/snow chunk some piece of it whacked the wires going into the connector and pulled one or more of them up causing my problem.
Damn these Hondas are tough cars. Looks like I'll get another few years out of it (and I had my eye on those new Accords...).
Thanks for the help,

Good thing you didn't replace the speedo like I originally suggested!
--

Philip Kline wrote:

www.slhondaparts.com