Where to find B-series Engines

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know of any local places where I can find a B-series engine? Has anyone come across any B16's or any B18's around town like in junkyards and what not?

btw....is this a local forum??? If not....then I guess this post doesn't really matter.

thanks!

Reply to
Student

Depends on what you mean by 'local'. If you mean, are the posters here all from the planet Earth?, then yes it is a local forum. {;^)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Uhhh... Don't be jumping to any conclusions about planet of origin prematurely. I am not all all sure about some of these posters.

Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

No.

Look in your Yellow Pages for wreckers that handle Honda. Next, look for the nearest Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) engine importers.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

is a good resource.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

"Student" wrote in news:dhegap$6tf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

You neglected to mention what is "local".

B-series motors have been out of production for several years now. I saw an article in Honda Tuning Magazine a while back about adapting K- series motors to older cars because the B motors are so hard to find.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

LOL! You do have a point {;^)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Reply to
hondaman

"hondaman" wrote in news:a4e%e.1044$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

Caveat Emptor;buyer beware. You may get someone's junk block. Only way to find out if it's any good is to take it to a engine shop and have it carefully measured and checked.It could have damaged crank lands,cracks in the block.warped or mismachined deck,be a real POS. Have fun getting your money back then.

Reply to
Jim Yanik