Where to find B-series Engines

Hey Everyone,
Does anyone know of any local places where I can find a B-series engine? Has anyone come across any B16's or any B18's around town like in junkyards
and what not?
btw....is this a local forum??? If not....then I guess this post doesn't really matter.
thanks!

Depends on what you mean by 'local'. If you mean, are the posters here all from the planet Earth?, then yes it is a local forum. {;^)
Brian
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:42:34 GMT, "Brian Smith"

Uhhh... Don't be jumping to any conclusions about planet of origin prematurely. I am not all all sure about some of these posters.
Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor

LOL! You do have a point {;^)
Brian

Look in your Yellow Pages for wreckers that handle Honda. Next, look for the nearest Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) engine importers.
Stewart DIBBS
www.car-parts.com is a good resource.

You neglected to mention what is "local".

B-series motors have been out of production for several years now. I saw an article in Honda Tuning Magazine a while back about adapting K- series motors to older cars because the B motors are so hard to find.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Caveat Emptor;buyer beware. You may get someone's junk block. Only way to find out if it's any good is to take it to a engine shop and have it carefully measured and checked.It could have damaged crank lands,cracks in the block.warped or mismachined deck,be a real POS. Have fun getting your money back then.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik