Which Del Sol to buy???

Hi all,
I want to get a Del Sol even though I have never driven one. I was wondering which engine/transmission combination to look for. I don't need the fastest car on the road but I don't want to feel like a
slug either. Should I stay from the automatics? I will be using the A/C quite a bit.
Is the non Vtec also a 16 valve?
Also, how about the reliability, cost of maintinance/repairs of the different engines? Is there enough difference to let it be a factor?
Thanks, Joe
x wrote:

Drive one first. I'm 5' 10" & felt like I was in a coffin! Much preferred my CRX's & current Civic VX. My wife does miss the Del Sol, but her sister bought it, & she has visitation rights.