Which Oil: 5W-20, or 5W-30 Semi-synth

I bet the dealer is installing Kendall or one of the other CP brands which is using marketing hype to push it's standard SM grade oils as a "Synthetic Blend".

I would turn your dealer in to American Honda for going counter to the manufacturer's specifications. And by the way, they put themselves in trouble with the feds as well since the 5W-20 use is part of CAFE calculations.

Reply to
John Horner

Not always true, as with many brands their lowest grade of oil is marketed as a semi-synthetic. Kendall, 76 and the rest of the ConocoPhilips line up.

Reply to
John Horner