White paper on ethanol blended gqsolines

Elmo P. Shagnasty

I wondered about that. Thanks for kicking in. It came off Stabil's web site, so you do the math.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

i should have bothered to read the last line of the last page:

"Reference: Information used under a limited license agreement with the Renewable Fuels Association, Washington, D.C. 6/2011"

just one reference??? it all makes sense now!

Reply to
jim beam

Interestingly, many racers use alci for fuel. I suspect that part of why E85 doesn't produce the MPG that E10 or zero to minimal E levels is that the vehicles are optimized for gasoline and gasoline engines cannot tolerate the significantly higher cylinder compressions that alcohol can. Boost compression for E85 exclusive fuel and I suspect that MPG will be similar to a straight gasoline equivalent.

Reply to
Michael Dobony