will a catalylic converter pass my emission

hey i have a 1994 integra rs wit a grs swap and i just put a cataylic converter on and i was just wonderin if it will pass my emission and my check light still comes on

vi3tbodian wrote:

---------------------------------
Doubtful. What country / state are you in?
im in ga
motsco_ wrote:

vi3tbodian wrote:

Well if your check engine light is coming on, it means there's (still?) something wrong, and it will very likely affect the emissions reading. Perhaps you should get someone to read the codes and find out what the problem is, rather than just throwing random parts at it?
is it likely that it the check light is on becuz of tha engine swap?becuz tha shell is a 1994 with a 2000 gsr motor Matt Ion wrote:

vi3tbodian via CarKB.com wrote:

/what/ is the freakin' "c0d3"??? "becuz" you're wasting our freakin' time without it.

jim beam wrote:

Werd.
And yes, if you didn't swap in the appropriate ECU for that motor, that could very well be why there's an error light, AND why you fail the emissions test.