Will Excess idling hurt Honda engine?

Car was accidently left idling 9 hours overnight. Any harm done do you think? Seemed to run OK the next day.

1998 Accord. thanks
Reply to
Tom Levigne

It's a good idea not to make a practice of idling it overnight :-) but it should be okay. At any rate, there isn't really anything you need to do with it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Maybe change the oil.

Reply to
Art

Just an off the wall question, but how much gas did it burn?

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

-----------------------------

:-) Hey Tom . . . . It's good to hear you managed to stagger into the house, rather than passing out in the front seat. :-)

Next New Years, please take a cab. We appreciate your input around here. :-)

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"Art" wrote in news:LGouf.3961$M% snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Ditto. Then go have a beer and forget about it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

no more than trying to cross tokyo in rush hour. it's not a problem unless you do it all the time.

Reply to
jim beam

I think we are ALL curious.. as to how one accidently leaves there car running all night, lol

Reply to
Dr Nick