Will my Fit actually arrive?

I found a dealer willing to sell it at MSRP. He didn't even try to sell me the add-on stuff. So I ordered the sport model and now I have to wait - how long wasn't specified. I suppose I will get it but how
long is another matter.
This may be their ploy. I paid initial deposit for the 2006 Civic because dealer agreed to sell it at just a little over Invoice price. I kept waiting for it to come. Never got it. Finally took the deposit back and bought a used 2000 Civic.
I think what dealers are doing is they are promising the customers to sell the car but then are selling it to the highest bidder. So basically if I walk in there and promise to pay more than MSRP than they will sell it to me......... Anyways good luck with yout Fit....
dgk wrote:

I ordered mine in April (22nd I think). Got it in June - about 7 weeks. Well worth the wait.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I ended up with a cost of $16,520, plus $1383 in sales tax. Ouch. So $18,000 for a Fit. It's end of the year time though, I could have gotten a Civic for $2000 more, but I think I like this better than the Civic. It works for me because I rarely carry anyone in the back seat.

<snort> You could have gotten a Civic for $2000 LESS. Sucker.
There are some great deals on accords, for about the same price

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:06:26 -0400, "guy quartarone"

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:03:17 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

I guess it depends on what you want. Carrying five adults isn't something that I normally do, however I often put a bike in the backseat. I have an Accord (91) now, and it's a bit of a squeeze to get the bike back there. Plus I have wonderful greyish stains of chain grease on the back seat. I took a look at the current Civic; I might be able to get the bike in there, but it would have been tough. And the dealer would have been pissed at the grease.
Plus the Fit is fun to drive. I took one on a test drive and I really liked it. Plus, you're up pretty high, which is not the case in the Civic nor other sedans. It's getting hard to see over a lot of the vehicles on the road. Without getting an SUV, which I never would, the Fit is next best.
Parking is a problem where I live. I'm going to be able to get into spots that I couldn't in a Civic. As they say in the credit card ad, priceless.
Another post mentions an Accord for around the same price. I haven't seen any, but it would have been tough to take the Fit over an Accord. But not a Civic.

The Civic LXs I have seen on the lot of our local Honda dealer sell for about that. 16k will buy a lot of car if you look for something a little used -- like a very low mileage Accord or a BMW 850i with a V12 if you something a little sporty.
tww wrote:

Chicago. If he wants a Fit, & it meets his needs, why get a used car that doesn't?
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:09:34 GMT, Mike Doyle

That's pretty much the bottom line. It will fit stuff from Home Despot that tends to be a pain otherwise, and it looks cool. Now, I'm not one to really care much about cars, after all, I'm driving a rusting 1991 Accord. But I commute to work by bike (30 miles roundtrip) and just as I was biking past the 59th Street Bridge this morning, a bright white car turns onto it and I'm looking at it thinking that it's an interesting looking car, and of course it's a Fit.
I was biking up the east side bike/jogger path a few days ago and I see a dark, probably black, Fit stopped at a light. So I started talking to the driver and he says that he loves it and that I will too. That it's fun to drive. How many people say that about their car? I think that there's a reason that it's tough to get, and it doesn't seem to be hype.
The first time I saw one was when I went to the dealer where I bought my (used) Accord and was looking at the used cars, and walked by it in the showroom. I looked at it, said to a salesperson "what is that?", and started looking inside it. My S.O. says that I should get it, and I suggest that we find out a bit more first. Everything I found out was good. I didn't buy it there though, they wanted $19,000! Pre-tax. Of course, perhaps they could actually deliver it.

HAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! SSSSSSSSSSUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Just wait till you go to actually pay for it! MSRP, YA RIGHT!!!!!

I signed on the line and paid a deposit. It might take six weeks but it should arrive. If not, then I keep driving my 1991 Accord.

That's right! You SIGNED! You are now obligated to pay whatever additional costs or adjustments arise between now and the time you get your car! HAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Put down the pipe.
He's only obligated to pay what was agreed to. Anything "new" would render the contract void.

I think the Fit's are currently overpriced at list, not shocking for a new model. I ordered an Accord not on the lot way back when, it was late (and I was driving a rental!), so I shopped around a bit and found a dealer who would meet price and had one on the lot - got a hundred bucks off the price I'd negotiated. I'd suggest something like that to you, but doubt that anyone is going to be offering discounts on stock Fit's for a while.
J.

If they're selling really well at the current prices, they're not over-priced.
Skippy E&OE

Hey, it's pricing 101, I agree, often done for new products.
Then they start cutting deals and it seems sweet.
Then they don't raise the list much for a couple of years, showing the goodness of their hearts, and after a few years it's at equilibrium.
List price is currently too close to Civic.
J.