window handles or air conditioning

I cannot open windows for either side on my honda civic 96 cx. The handles stripped off. Sources available? Also, does anyone know where to obtain a working air conditioner for this model inexpensively. The
bearing has to be replaced; not worth the price.
Car is a boiler with both these problems. Would like to solve any one of them. Would prefer the air.
windwatcher wrote:

Mine has a stripped crank shaft on the driver's side... pair of 6" Vise-Grips work nicely.

I once had the bearing go back on the compressor on my '87... mechanic told me there were two possible compressors used on that car: the cheaper one, the whole job of replacing it would cost about $1000; the other, the compressor alone would be $1000.
Only other hope is probably a wrecker.

I feel your pain...
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-3, 04/07/2006
Thanks for this. I did not even consider vise grips could be used. It works. I wish I had posted this last summer. Sincere thanks.
I was able to find a working compressor at my local auto salavge yard for around $150 us or less/I don't recall the exact price. My gas station installed it and charged the system in my 94 civic. Several salvage yards have a parts search system online and some post the asking price too. Rocky

windwatcher wrote:

Windy. You have to tell us what COUNTRY you're willing to have the "working air conditioner" shipped to.
This is the Internet.
'Curly'
New ENgland USA, sorry, I forgot. Thanks!
windwatcher wrote:

slhondaparts.com has a diagram of EVERYTHING on your Honda, including the window cranks. Get the parts from local wreckers. Quickest to get the windows working rather than wait for AC repair. What happened to them in the first place? Transporting gorillas? You may need to spray silicone in the window tracks if they were sticking. google.com has all those suggestions.
'Curly'