windshield hit by stone chips

My windshield got hit (probably) by stone chip and cracked a little bit. No hole is there but about 1cm crack on the outer side of windshield is noticed. Its been there for about 4 months and the crack
has not been expanded.
One of my friend said it can be filled with super-glue type things so that it will not expand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I recommend you let a pro do it - they can do it with ease and it will be nearly invisible. Most (all?) use the Novus franchise method, which involves grinding away the debris like a dentist preparing to fill a cavity, then applying a powerful vacuum (gotta get the air out!) with a device that lets them suck acrylic type filler into it. Then they use a UV light to cure it and scrape away the excess. There is a guarantee it won't crack, but I don't recall the details. Some insurances will pay for the repair with no deductible and no surcharge so they don't have to pay for a replacement windshield later.
It used to be they would ask if the crack is small enough it can be covered by a quarter, but the last time they asked if it could be covered by a dollar bill. Different suction head, I guess.
Mike