Windshield Washer Fluid Also Sprays Moonroof and Rear Window

My 2007 Accord sprays the winshield washer fluid on the windshield, but also the moonroof and rear window WHEN PARKED! I asked the dealer to check this and they said it is normal. This is the first car that I have owned that had this problem. It is very annoying, as it leaves spots all over the top of the car,moonroof and rear of car.

crockett

The washer nozzles are aimed by sticking a sharp wire (sewing needles or safety pins work well) in the squirter holes and rotating the nozzle. It is actually a ball in a socket. When you are done, you can aim the nozzles on the cars of the people who told it was normal so theirs will be normal, too ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Sorry Mike but late model Honda's do not use the old rotating nozzles These have a fixed spray pattern that cannot be adjusted

Grahame

Reply to
Grahame

crockett wrote in news:979371_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

I've been behind plenty of cars that did this.

In some cases, the overspray was bad enough that my windshield became spotted from the car ahead while sitting at a light.

Grahame is right, new Hondas have a non-adjustable Windex-nozzle type arrangement, not the spherical inserts they used to have.

Your problem may have more to do with the pressure of the spray rather than aim (bouncing off glass onto roof). Watch from outside the car while a helper works the sprayer.

Reply to
Tegger

Andrew wrote in news:2XBCh.115365$Y6.93283@edtnps89:

No, sorry. I don't know exactly when Honda went to the Windex-style nozzles. I'd *guess* no earlier than five years ago, and maybe later than that.

Reply to
Tegger

Mine does that too (2004 Accord EX-6). I really don't mind it, as it seems to really coat the window with fluid well when at highway speed. I've had far too many cars where the nozzles were aimed properly when at rest, but didn't coat the window well when at speed. I'll take well coated at speed over a wet trunk and rear window when moving slowly. I don't understand why Honda can't figure out how to do both...

I also did not know that the nozzles were not adjustable, but I just checked and they're not. I don't know why Honda did that either...

Carboranadum

Reply to
Carboranadum

I just got my 2007 Accord today. I don?t want to try the windshield washer fluid spray yet, my glass is still virgin clean and it?s too soon for water spots. ;-)

In all the other cars I?ve had, whenever the squirt pressure was too high and re-aiming the nozzles didn?t fix the problem--I would simply use the squirt in pulses. By simply squirting in short bursts, the pressure would never get high enough to shoot over the car.

The washer fluid seems to last longer using this method.

- Frank

"crockett" wrote: > My 2007 Accord sprays the winshield washer fluid on the > windshield, but also the moonroof and rear window WHEN PARKED! > I asked the dealer to check this and they said it is normal. > This is the first car that I have owned that had this problem. > It is very annoying, as it leaves spots all over the top of > the car,moonroof and rear of car. > > Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Reply to
burbankfrank