Wipers For 2006 Civic

Hi

I am searching for replacement wipers for my 2006 Civic. I want to replace the entire blade, not just refills. has anyone found any after market ones that work? I have tried several and they claim that they will work but they do not.

Thank you

Reply to
TJ Powell

How do wipers not work?

I use the Teflon wipers from Canadian Tire. No issues with them at all.

Reply to
Brian Smith

TJ Powell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Which end of which wiper does not contact the glass?

Do you have the steel strips installed the correct way around?

Reply to
Tegger

At the risk of beating a dead horse here, may I offer up just an observation? I thought the wiper blades for the 2006 Civic were sort of long and rubberized and thick with the actual insert part being the only "normal" looking part of the whole assembly. I think Honda wants the owners to service he refills only unless the blades become so worn they no longer function.

That being said, the "refill with inserts" method is probably the way to go. I have done this on my 07 FITthree or four times and it has worked perfectly. I could buy new blades from an Auto Parts store -- probably -- but the OEM blades look pretty heavy duty and I think they'll last quite a while. Anyway....my 2cents.

Reply to
santos

---------------------------

In what way do they _not work_ ? Do they skip, chatter, smear, not fit, not park, lift at highway speed, attract bugs, attract parking tickets, ice up, steam up, repel women, cause chafing ? ? ?

The Honda blades are cheap, and they fit. Come back on Wednesday. :-(

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Just to comment on 2006 civic blade replacement:

On page 2006 of the owner's manual there are 3 pictures. The middle picture shows a plastic cover being pulled off by pinching 2 tabs. The right picture would seem logically to apply to something being done

*after* that plastic cover has been removed. In fact, it is the *trick* to getting the plastic cover off. It shows a cloth wrapped screwdriver being insert into a gap and levered. This is the way to get the plastic cover (shown removed in picture 2) off. The locking mechanism of this plastic cover is a ways down, and the screw driver prying loosens it.

It is possible to get the rubber insert out of the blade assembly without removal of the blade, but it would be a royal pain. Even with the blade off the car, it's a wrestle getting the rubber insert out. The same screwdriver used for picture 3 comes in handy for holding back the rubber shell of the blade in order to slide the rubber insert out.

Be careful to have the "locking" end of the new rubber insert the last bit to go into the blade.

Reply to
Mendel Leisk

Just to comment on 2006 civic blade replacement:

In the owner's manual on the first page of wiper blade replacement there are 3 pictures. The middle picture shows a plastic cover being pulled off by pinching 2 tabs. The right picture would seem logically to apply to something being done

*after* that plastic cover has been removed. In fact, it is the *trick* to getting the plastic cover off. It shows a cloth wrapped screwdriver being insert into a gap and levered. This is the way to get the plastic cover (shown removed in picture 2) off. The locking mechanism of this plastic cover is a ways down, and the screw driver prying loosens it.

It is possible to get the rubber insert out of the blade assembly without removal of the blade, but it would be a royal pain. Even with the blade off the car, it's a wrestle getting the rubber insert out. The same screwdriver used for picture 3 comes in handy for holding back the rubber shell of the blade in order to slide the rubber insert out.

Also, be careful to feed the new rubber insert in so that 'locking' end is the last part to go in. This *is* noted in the manual

Reply to
Mendel Leisk