Worn clutch symptoms?

What are the symptoms of a worn clutch? My 98 Accord has 184,000 on the original clutch. The last couple of mornings on the way to work I had some troubles.
The pavement had a slight snowcover and I started out in first just fine, but when I shifted to 2nd, the car started bucking. kinda like wheels were slipping, then catching, slipping then catching. I shifted to 3rd and all was fine. This happened two days in a row and I caulked it up to wet/slippery roads. Then yesterday, coming home from work on dry pavement in a rush-hour crawl, the same thing started happening. OK in first, crawling along in second gear and it starts bucking again, like the wheels are slipping.
I'm the original owner and have never had anything like this happen. Is the clutch going? Or??? Thanks!

Sounds like a driveability issue, not the clutch.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Because of the behavior when you shifted into second, and especially the bucking, I'm going with TeGGeR - the engine is stumbling. If it is overdue for a tune-up - use only OEM parts except plugs - that's a good place to start. You will also want to add a bottle of Techron to the tank or at least fill up with a "top tier" gasoline (I like either Chevron or Texaco/Shell) to clean the injectors.
Worn out clutches are easy to recognize. The problem is most noticeable when letting the clutch out; the engine continues to rev as though you were slipping the clutch. It gets bad in a hurry, often within a week.
Mike
JJ wrote:

It actually sounds like you've got a worn out spot on the Throttle Position Sensor. Are you in a flat-land area, and do you use cruise control a lot? I had an Aerostar with a manual tranny and a bad TPS. It would almost buck you out of the seat when you tried to drive it slowly in parking lots.
With the right meter I could diagnose it for sure in about three minutes.
SEARCH and you'll find several solutions, even recently in this NG.
'Curly'