wrong boost

the battery of my honda civic 2001 is dead.. i have a new battery.. i wanted to boost form the new battery, what i did i connect the + of the old batter the the - of the new and the - of the old with the + of
the new!!! i know.. but i was really sick!! now nothing workikng!! no interio light etc.. now i can not boost from the new battery.. what happend ?? thanks a lot.

Why? Wouldn't it have made more sense to simply replace the dead battery with the new one?

My goodness. I'm surprised you didn't try to use your home electrical system to jump the car.

No kidding.

Blew a big fuse, probably. Maybe. Hopefully.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

which big fuse is that? the 80amps or the 40amps
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in wrote:>>

It would make sense to check them instead of asking here, would it not?
You need a multimeter to check fuses you can't see through.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
No, He needs someone to hit him in the head with a baseball bat to get his attention. He is lucky He doesn't have battery acid all over his body. He needs to call a tow truck and take it to a service shop before he does himself and any bystanders serious harm....

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Why you were working on a car when you were really sick is beyond me.

You shorted out the circuit. And you seriously damaged on battery or the other. You may have damaged the car, too, when you effectively reversed the polarity of the electrically system.
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, You are learning a BIG lesson. If lucky main fuse blew, if not ECU may be gone to begin with.
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:26:22 -0800, esara123 wrote:

Moron.

dan c you are the one who is moron here and i am sure you are sad and depressed person. this forum is to ask for help and we all make mistakes if you did not like my post you could have easily just ignore it but i think because you are low life person then you decided to reply with something reflects you to start with.
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:09:40 -0800, esara123 wrote:

OK, so you're uneducated and illiterate, as well as being a moron.
Only a moron connects the + and - terminals of two batteries, and you should be ashamed of your "writing" ability.
Fuck off, punk.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, Sounds like troll after all. Don't suppose to feed troll!