xm radio antenna location on 06 accord

I have an 06 Accord V6 on which I had my Honda dealer install XM radio. They mounted the antenna inside the rear windshield (which is tinted) on the area behind the rear seats and adjacent to the trunk.
The XM seems to lose the signal much more frequently than an old Camaro I had which had the antenna mounted outside.
Would it be better to move the antenna outside on my Accord? I wonder if it is standard practice for Honda dealer to mount antenna on the inside?
When I loose the signal, its for 1 to 5 seconds and happens at places I never lost signal with in the Camaro. Always the same places too, so I think its an antenna placement issue.
Any thoughts?
Drew
Drew wrote:

------------------------------------
Ask the dealer to fax over the instruction sheets for the installation "for your records" and see what it says about the antenna. (or find them through google)
'Curly'
Hi Curly:
I did find the install instructions at http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/06-accord-xm4dr.pdf
They did install it in the location inside the rear windshield as the directions indicate. However, two local reputable music shops (not circuit city!) have told me that in their experience, the XM antenna needs to be outside for optimal use.
I wonder if there is something about the 06 Accord that makes this hard to do. It looks like if it were best that Honda's instructions would call for mounting it outside.
Incidentally, I have a couple of friends with 2003 and 2004 Accords. In both cases, directions on the above site for these year models show the installation of the antenna inside the car near the rear windshield.
But in both cases, the Honda dealer (not same dealer as me) installed the XM antenna externally on these two cars. Mounted on area above rear windshield (highest point of car) and centered.
I'm thinking this is what I need too even though my dealer installed it as directions indicated.
Drew
On Wed, 03 May 2006 22:35:25 -0600, "'Curly Q. Links'"

I have an XM Roady and I just have the little antenna tossed on the dash, and it rarely looses signal.
G-Man

Realize what you're trying to receive: a signal generated 22,300 miles away, augmented in some areas with low-power repeaters, with an omnidirectional antenna. The signal strength is very low compared to, for example, AM or FM broadcast stations, and on much higher frequencies, which require line-of-sight reception. When your antenna is mounted inside, there will be instances where the roof of the car cuts off the signal to the antenna. (In some cities, however, there are so many repeaters that it won't matter.) Mounting the antenna outside the car solves that problem.

I have an 06 accord with with XM, and it came installed on the back of my roof occasionally when it bad out I'll get "rain fade" occasionally on the radio, but it isn't that bad or persisant enough to complain about