'01 elantra CV joints

Okay, noticed today that my CV's are starting the telltale "clicking when you turn"
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on replacing these pieces yourself.
I'm competent enough to do it myself, I've just never done it before.
going by the procedure listed, the only tools I don't have are the large socket for the hub-nut, and the tool to seperate the tie rod ends "the pickle-fork" does anyone know (hyundaitech?) what size socket I'm going to need for that?
any guidance is appreciated.
Andre
2001 elantra gls, 5-sp
You'll need a 32mm socket for the axle nut. I recommend against the pickle fork. It'll tear your tie rod end boot. Instead, after you've taken the tie rod end nut off, whack the knuckle near the tie rod end attaching point a few times with a really big hammer. This should do the trick. Just be careful to not hit anything unintended.
gotcha,
is the procedure for re-inserting that piece about the same, just hammer it back in? Or is there a trick to reconnecting the tie rod end?

Just put it in the hole, tighten the nut, and reinstall the cotter pin. Make sure that when you're breaking it loose that you hit the knuckle, not the tie rod end.
okay....
I was getting the tie rod end confused with the ball joint, (hence the pickle fork)
much clearer now that I know what we're talking about.
as always, thanks a ton for the help. I'll let ya'll know how the job goes.
andre

Andre wrote:

I've always found it to be faster and easier to replace the entire halfshaft than to screw around with trying to replace just the outer CV joints. You buy them as a sealed unit and just pop them in. They cost more (probably not as much as you might think), but you save a lot of time, aggravation and you know that the joints are not contaminated with dirt during the installation process.
actually, i am replacing the whole axle on both sides. i called it a cv just out of habit
Thanks!
andre