01 Sonata

Looking for manual info on changing serpentine belt. All help is appreciated. Thanks, DoItYourselfer

Reply to
Klaus Macon

Following are instructions for the 2.7. I'm presuming you have the V6 since the four has two belts.

You'll either need a 3/8 drive ratchet or a 17mm open end wrench, depending on your tensionser type. Release the tension using the appropriate tool and slide the belt off one of the pulleys. You'll need to remove the two 12mm bolts holding the tensioner in place and remove the tensioner. Remove the belt and put the new one in place, reinstall the tensioner, and then, using the same tool as above, move the tensioner and install the belt.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Thanks H-tech, Sorry, my fault for not being specific. It is a 4 cyl and there are 2 belts. In any case, I appreciate it. diyer

Reply to
Klaus Macon

Loosen the 14mm nut on the back of the pulley for the a/c-p/s belt tensionser. Then loosen the tensioner positioning bolt and remove the belt.

Loosen the 12mm bolt holding the top of the alternator to the bracket. Then loosen the 12mm tensioning bolt. Remove the belt.

Install in reverse.

Reply to
hyundaitech