02 Accent No Start

Have had an intermittent no start with a 02 Hyundai Accent 1.5L for about six months. Originally the problem would occur once a week like clockwork, then went away for awhile and lost its predictability. The
fuel pump runs, the engine cranks but doesn't start. It cranks normally, not too fast. I've had it to a private garage twice where the mechanic thought maybe it was a bad fuel pump relay, but the problem has occurred both with the new relay and the old relay in. Usually when the problem occurs I can let the car set for twenty minutes and it will start right up. This time however it has been three days with no luck. I checked the spark this time and am not getting any that I can feel or see. There is no distributor cap that I can tell, the plugs lead back to two small square modules (?) that I don't recognize. Are these coils? and is there a way to test if they are working? Any help is much appreciated.
Those are indeed the coils. It's unlikely (read: impossible) that both of them would fail simultaneously and intermittently. My top suspect (due to lack of spark) would be the crank sensor. Is your check engine lamp coming on? Even if not, did the garage (or anyone else) check for trouble codes?

I had the same symptoms and it was, indeed, the crank position sensor.