02 Elantra Seat Rails

I've been experiencing a slight rocking in the drivers seat and I brought in my car for the 60 K service today and they said that they would need to
replace the seat adjustor assembly and rails. Part 88500 2D 151OH at a cost of $836 not including labour. Worst of all it is NOT covered under warranty.
I'm going to put a call to the Hyundai Canada and find out what's up with that. I may not get anywhere but at least I can complain.
complete cars covered for 3 yrs 60,000 kms with few exceptions oif some trim etc not being covered. the 5 yr 100 000 is for listed parts of the drive train. calling head office would be a waste of time... though i agree it sucks, have u thought about a seat from a wrecked elantra? be muuch cheaper and al you gotta do is bolt it in

Jody wrote:

For that matter, you can get a nice aftermarket seat, rails and all, for less than that price.
DanMan wrote:

for that warranty after it expires?
Richard
Richard Steinfeld wrote:

I don't know about Canada, but prices for typical repair parts in the US seem pretty reasonable to me.
Apparently, there is a new TSB in Canada 03-80-001 don't know how different it is but it's going in tomorrow to have it adjusted. We'll see.