02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and the power door locks keep locking by itself. I have tried removing the batteries from the remotes to make sure I didn't have a bad remote and the doors still locked. I have set in the car and unlocked the doors while inside and they will lock back, if I unlock the door and I am not fast enough to pull the handle the door will lock, even if I open it fast enough the others will lock. It started about two months ago and it does it almost everyday without fail. I do have an aftermarket alarm/remote start that has been installed since 02' and I thought that it might be the cause so I pulled the fuse to the alarm and that does bypass the alarm but the doors still lock. When the doors do lock on their own the alarm is not set and the SF will start. The wife keeps getting locked out when she stops for gas and doesn't remember to take the keys/remote with her or leave a door open. Any suggestions on what to try or how to disable the power locks altogether in a worst case scenario?

On occasion, my 2002 SantaFe does just the opposite...the doors wont lock when i want them too after the car is parked and ignition key removed. Doesnt happen often but when it does, i cant lock my doors. Other than that, ive got 100,000 miles on mine and its been good . Im going to drive it as long as i can ...hope to see at least a quarter of a million miles on it . Body is rust free, just had it repainted , doesnt burn oil, trans. is strong , and ive been finatical at maintaining it. Hope you get to the bottom of your dilemna.

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:31:59 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: . Body is rust free, just had it

How much does a repaint job cost these days?

Irwell wrote:

Depends on how good you want and the size of the vehicle. Figure $150 to $5000 for material and $150 to $5000 for labor. Average vehicle, ok paint job, around $1500.

I got a cheaper variety Paint Job, same color, by a Shop that didnt care too much about their work. Cost $1146 including the bumpers and plastic trim pieces as well as the body. If you want a decent paint job, youre probably looking at spending twice that.

Exactly same problem on a 2002 Sonata. Couldnt be fixed, at least at a reasonable percentage of the cars value. Just used keys entirely for everything. John

wrote:

On occasion, my 2002 SantaFe does just the opposite...the doors wont lock when i want them too after the car is parked and ignition key removed. Doesnt happen often but when it does, i cant lock my doors. Other than that, ive got 100,000 miles on mine and its been good . Im going to drive it as long as i can ...hope to see at least a quarter of a million miles on it . Body is rust free, just had it repainted , doesnt burn oil, trans. is strong , and ive been finatical at maintaining it. Hope you get to the bottom of your dilemna.

Unplug the lock switches and see if the problem goes away. One of the switches may be shorted.

Where do I unplug the switches? Do I have to remove the door panel or is there a plug elsewhere? Thanks for your help

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 13:30:22 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

Unfortunately, you'll need to remove the door trim panel to access.

Once you get a switch unplugged, use the remote to unlock and check.

Thank's I will do a search on how to get the panel off but in the meantime is there a way to dissable the power door locks but have them still lock with a key?

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:47:59 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 23:44:14 -0400, Buckeyered wrote:

Take out the fuse for that circuit.

Does anyone know what fuse controls the power door locks? It is not in the manual and it's not listed on the fuse box cover. Thanks