02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

Threaded View
I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and the power door locks keep locking
by itself. I have tried removing the batteries from the remotes to
make sure I didn't have a bad remote and the doors still locked. I
have set in the car and unlocked the doors while inside and they will
lock back, if I unlock the door and I am not fast enough to pull the
handle the door will lock, even if I open it fast enough the others
will lock. It started about two months ago and it does it almost
everyday without fail. I do have an aftermarket alarm/remote start
that has been installed since 02' and I thought that it might be the
cause so I pulled the fuse to the alarm and that does bypass the alarm
but the doors still lock. When the doors do lock on their own the
alarm is not set and the SF will start. The wife keeps getting locked
out when she stops for gas and doesn't remember to take the
keys/remote with her or leave a door open. Any suggestions on what to
try or how to disable the power locks altogether in a worst case
scenario?

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

On occasion, my 2002 SantaFe  does just the opposite...the doors wont
lock when i want them too after the car is parked and ignition key
removed.  Doesnt happen often but when it does, i cant lock my
doors.   Other than that, ive got 100,000 miles on mine and its been
good . Im going to drive it as long as i can ...hope to see at least a
quarter of a million miles on it . Body is rust free, just had it
repainted , doesnt burn oil, trans. is strong ,  and ive been
finatical at maintaining it.   Hope you get to the bottom of your
dilemna.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking
On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:31:59 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
. Body is rust free, just had it

How much does a repaint job cost these days?

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

Depends on how good you want and the size of the vehicle.
Figure $150 to $5000 for material and
$150 to $5000 for labor.
Average vehicle, ok paint job, around $1500.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

I got a cheaper variety Paint Job, same color,  by a Shop that didnt
care too much about their work. Cost $1146   including the bumpers and
plastic trim pieces as well as the body.   If you want a decent paint
job, youre probably looking at spending twice that.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking
Exactly same problem on a 2002 Sonata. Couldnt be fixed, at least at a
reasonable percentage of the cars value.
 Just used keys entirely for everything.
  John

On occasion, my 2002 SantaFe  does just the opposite...the doors wont
lock when i want them too after the car is parked and ignition key
removed.  Doesnt happen often but when it does, i cant lock my
doors.   Other than that, ive got 100,000 miles on mine and its been
good . Im going to drive it as long as i can ...hope to see at least a
quarter of a million miles on it . Body is rust free, just had it
repainted , doesnt burn oil, trans. is strong ,  and ive been
finatical at maintaining it.   Hope you get to the bottom of your
dilemna.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

Unplug the lock switches and see if the problem goes away.  One of the
switches may be shorted.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking
Where do I unplug the switches? Do I have to remove the door panel or
is there a plug elsewhere?
Thanks for your help

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 13:30:22 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

Unfortunately, you'll need to remove the door trim panel to access.

Once you get a switch unplugged, use the remote to unlock and check.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking
Thank's I will do a search on how to get the panel off but in the
meantime is there a way to dissable the power door locks but have them
still lock with a key?

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:47:59 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking

Take out the fuse for that circuit.

Re: 02' Hyundai Santa Fe Power Door Lock Keep's Locking
Does anyone know what fuse controls the power door locks? It is not in
the manual and it's not listed on the fuse box cover.
Thanks

Site Timeline