02 Santa Fe door panel removal

Any one know of any secrets in taking off the drivers door panel? Removed all visable screws and those under plastic caps. I popped out the bottom and middle and lift up, but something is still holding on. I need to find out why the window refused to move...I hear the relay clicking in the door but no glass movement.

Jim L.

Reply to
Jim L

Ok...got the panel off. The window regulator appears to be stuck. Any advice on removing that puppy and can it be changed with the rear door regulator of the same side?

Jim

Reply to
Jim L

Very little goes wrong with these regulators.

The number one issue is one of the window retaining bolts falling out, causing the window to tilt.

Based on your description, though, I'd suspect the motor may be done. Plug the switch back in and and try to lower the window while whacking the motor with a wrench. If the window lowers, the problem was the motor. Of course, for the nonviolent types, you could simply unplug the motor, and check for a 12V differential at the connector when the switch is activated.

Reply to
hyundaitech