02 Santa FE LX AWD light out on shift plate, what size bulb and how to get to it?

Hey all I have a 2002 Santa FE LX AWD and on the shift plate the PRND no longer illuminates. I tried to get to it by unscrewing the screw on each side of the console but I cant get it off due to the ashtray console being in the way. I unscrewed the 2 on the ashtray but I still can't get the ashtray assembly off. Is there another way, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew Rebbert

Reply to
Matthew Rebbert

The lower center panel (the one into which the ash tray inserts) pulls out once the two screws behind the ashtray are removed, but the clips are very tough and too much twisting will break the plastic. I usually put a small screwdriver between the radio and trim and pry the trim out. I find that tends to be the most friendly regarding marking the dash.

Reply to
hyundaitech