02 Sonata Location of PCSV?

I have a 2002 Sonata 2.4L, 105K miles on the clock.

Engine starts with differculty, say 8 sec cranking of engine rather than the normal 2Secs. About once per week engine check light comes on, I clear it by disconnecting -v terminal of the battery.

At 36K miles, the Purge Control Solenoid Valve(PCSV) was replaced, for a engine light coming on.

It has new battery, new plat plugs. Still gets 30mpg. But starting is a pain.

Anyway, where is the PCSV, Webtech drawings are very poor.

Reply to
Bryan Skelton

The purge control solenoid valve is on the intake. I can't remember if it's on the back or on the right side off the top of my head. You'll have three hoses coming off the throttle body. The one labeled "P" on the throttle body will be for the pcsv. You should be able to follow the hose straight to the valve.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I looked at this today. It's on the end of the intake plenum on the right side of the car. It has the vacuum hose with red stripes running to it.

Reply to
hyundaitech