'03 Santa Fe - special tool to hold crank pully while unbolting it?

I see that the crank pully is a "harmonic" type pully with a layer of rubber between the center and the pully surface, so I can't hold it still by grabbing the outside while I remove the pully bolt. I see that there are two holes in the face of the pully, is there a special tool I can/should buy or should I try to wedge a screw driver against the teeth of the flywheel after removing some cover (like on Hondas)?

Thanks. KWW

Reply to
KWW

You'll probably need to wedge something in the flywheel teeth through the opening behind the small plastic cover.

Reply to
hyundaitech

By the way, it isn't Left Hand thread, is it? Thx,

Reply to
KWW

The way I finally got it removed was by wedging a breaker bar against the motor mount (with a socket on the crank pully) and kicking the starter for a brief instant.

By the way, good thing I replaced the hydraulic tensioner... it was starting to leak.

Reply to
KWW