'03 Santa Fe V6 Tuneup - spark plug lube/access?

OK, two questions about the tuneup on my wife's '03 Santa Fe (60 k miles). 1) Should I put any anti-seize on the plug threads? The instructions from
Hyundai didn't say so... but didn't say not to. For now I didn't put any on them.
2) Getting to the rear 3 plugs on the 2.7 litre V6... looks like I have to remove the intake manifold... do I? If so, is there a gasket I need to replace and if so do I install it dry or with any sort of sealer?
Thanks!
Mr. HyundaiTech can give you the details, but I think the answer to every one of your inquiries is "yes."
Tom Wenndt
"KWW" <kirk.walker ahyt aircooled doht neyt> wrote in message

Not sure I'd recommend anti-seize on plug threads. I've seen many plugs back out that were tightend down properly and I don't think I'd make it any easier for that to happen. Plugs come out fine without the use of products like Never-Seize.
I'm going to look at my wife's 04 Sonata. I'd find it hard to believe that one would have to remove the intake manifold to change the rear plugs. If it's like a GM motor the plugs can be reached with a bit of contortion, or perhaps by tipping the motor. HT could certainly speak authoratatively on this.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

"KWW" <kirk.walker ahyt aircooled doht neyt> wrote in message

the link brings you to the Santa Fe Forum and some great step-by-step instructions for plug replacement.
http://p211.ezboard.com/fhyundaisantafemessageboardfrm52.showMessage?topicIDg8.topic
Gord
thx!

http://p211.ezboard.com/fhyundaisantafemessageboardfrm52.showMessage?topicIDg8.topic