'03 Tiburon After-market Radio

I posted a similar question several months ago, but got no response, so thought I would try again.

We all know the '03 Tib radio is a POS because of lousy reception, especially on AM, so I'm thinking about replacing the original radio with an after-market unit. Has anyone done this? Did your radio reception improve with the new unit?

I guess the basic question is: is the lousy radio reception the fault of the antenna (an external one, too) or cable routing (both of which could be changed), or is it truly the radio that is at fault?

Thanks,

The Wanderer

Reply to
me