04 Elantra GT - Price to rotate and balance tires, plus headlight bulb experiences

I'm going to have my tires rotated and balanced as part of my 21k service tomorrow (missed the 18k so playing catch up). I've been offered $30 as opposed to the normal $40, but just want to know if i'm being taken for a ride as I get the oil change for free.

Also, one of my head light bulbs has blown. I recall reading this is common on the Elantra, but just curious what the experience is of others. Fortunately it's covered under the warranty.

Reply to
Neil

Sounds about right, see if you can get them to throw in a wheel alignment.

Reply to
irwell

If they're actually re-balancing the wheels, it's a decent price.

I had a low beam bulb burn out a few days past one year. I checked the warranty book and bulbs are listed under "what's not covered", so I just replaced both of them with Silverstars. I probably could have gotten a free replacement, but the other side would probably have burned out in short order and I'd rather just install better bulbs and be done with it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Saame with my windshield, got a chip in the glass from a flying pebble, the insurance company would repair the chip for free, or install a new windshield for $50, chose the new windhsield, seems to be better quality than the original.

Reply to
irwell

I believe the wheels were balanced also, but I have no reason to doubt them as the run home on I-495 saw me reach 80-90MPH with no discernible vibration.

I was assured that the bulb was covered under the 5yr warranty, but it doesn't matter because the bulb appears to be working again. I don't know what it is but every time I go into that service dept with a bulb-related issue (previously interior light), they come back and say it's fine. I'm going to keep an eye on it incase it becomes intermittant.

Reply to
Neil

I had two headlight bulbs fail in my 2002 Elantra, both between 50,000 and 60,000 miles. They were replaced under warranty. Headlight and foglight bulbs are covered for 5 years, all other bulbs 1 year according to my Hyundai dealer. BTW, the only other maintenance I had on the car before trading at 60,000 miles was a new clock, and a wheel bearing also covered by warranty. Still had the original brakes. The cheapest car to maintain that I ever owned and I've owned at least fifty.

Reply to
HaynaGuy