04 Elantra Tail Light??

My daughter was pulled over for "No tail light" on her 04 elantra. Her brake and turn signal lights work but the running light on the right does not. I
have replaced the bulb. The socket looks fine. Where should I start?
Rob
fuse?

You can get the wiring diagram from www.hmaservice.com Free account, lots of good information.
First, check the parking lamp and marker lamps on the same side. Are they on? If not, the tail lamp fuse for that side of the vehicle is probably blown.
If the other lamps operate, you know the fuse is good. That means it's time to grab a test light and see where the issue is. Since the brake lamp works, you know the ground is also good. You'll need to check the power wire for the tail lamp. Start at the connectopr for the lamp. If you have power at the connector, then you'll need to investigate the bulb, socket, and socket harness. If you don't have power, continue toward the power source to the next connector. Then test again. Continue this until you've established the section of wiring that has the issue.