05' Accent 5th gear pop out?

Hi all, I have an 05 Accent with 35000 miles and it has recently developed

5th gear pop out. The car has not been abused and all maintnance is up to date. It happens in 5th gear when decelerating at any speed. The car is going into the dealer tomarrow and they are fixing it, but I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and what caused it. Thanks Bill
Reply to
billyboy24d

The most likely cause of this problem is some combination of wear between the 5-R shift hub and fifth gear. These are both inside the end cover of the transmission, so the dealer may be able to repair without removing the transmission and doing an overhaul.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
billyboy24d