05 Elantra 6k miles ticking sound from engine

We have an 05 Elantra GLS, very happy with the car. Over 6,600 miles on it. Changed oil, filter (Hyundai filter) and crush washer at 4,959 miles. No tranny or engine leaks anywhere, I've been under the car to
look.
In the mornings, when it's cold, there is a ticking sound from the motor, after ahwile, it diminishes quite a bit until it's almost unnoticeable but still there.
I took it to the dealer who looked at it and said it was due to the the fuel injectors.
Is this possible as I've never heard of this?
Thanks, Dermott
My '05 GLS has a similar sound, started around 5k miles. Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet.
When my '01 Accent started "ticking" at 99,000 miles, they said it was a bad lifter and fixed it. End of problem, that was over 25k miles ago.
I have a hard time believing the fuel injector explanation.
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

I'm not sure why the fuel injector noise should diminish after the engine runs awhile. It's possible the lifter noise may diminish with engine run time, but I can't imagine it would be significant. This car has solid lifters.

I too have an 05 GT w/3300 miles, and also have noticed this noise when first starting the car when it is cold. My first oil change I am going to mention it to them.
Please post as to what the dealer says.
Thank you
My '02 GT also has this noise. The dealer informed me that the noise comes from lifters and is perfectly normal for this engine.
-Ig.