05 elantra has sucky horns

doesn't come in handy when a driver cuts in front of ya. I had that unfortunate experience and when applying the horn, found out that the horn was very very weak.

Normally you press on the horn and the sound would continue to blare. However, what I found out was that the horn would not continue blaring. You have to press it again to make it blare.

should i go back to dealer or just have the horns replaced with a better one?

Reply to
kilroybass

Jody

My experience with an Elantra and even with a Tucson (though less so) is that the horns are not very loud or effective.

Reply to
Veritas

The horn should stay on and stay loud as long as the horn button is depressed. If it does not, you have a problem in the system. Usually, the problem is with the horn itself.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Maybe it's a safety feature to prevent you from being target practice for some deranged gun nut who might have cut ye off. Happens regularly in wild west Arizona, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson