05 Santa Fe compass prob.

Hi all... I just phoned my service dpt. to make an appt. to bring in my '05 Santa Fe in to have the compass checked out....it seems to be about 90 deg. out most of the time (especially when I first start the car....after an hr. or two, it works about 1/2 the time) They said that it is a known problem due to it's proximity to the sunroof motor which makes it read wrong.....They said they'd call me once the fix is established for it.... Anyone else have this problem?....It seems to me that if it was just the motor, then it wouldn't work right any time, rather than correcting itself eventually? Len

Reply to
Krazy Kanuck

My Santa Fe is a month old and it does have some funny readings on the compass. Most of the time it is OK. When it is off it reads 45 degrees off. Nice to know the Sunroof motor does it.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

A compass? Where the hell are you going? Ecuador?

Sorry...old Gary Shandling joke ;-)

Reply to
WuzYoungOnceToo

Many compasses need to be periodically calibrated. Typically, this is done by driving the vehicle in circles a few times in a vacant parking lot. Does your owner's manual mention any procedure like this?

My parents' Chevy Venture minivan has such a procedure to use if the compass gets funky.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes my manual has the procedure for this....but that isn't the problem....It's definetly the interferance from the sunroof motor.....I just hope they get back to me soon....or I'll be lost! Len

Reply to
Krazy Kanuck