05 Santa Fe compass prob.

Hi all... I just phoned my service dpt. to make an appt. to bring in my '05 Santa Fe in to have the compass checked out....it seems to be about 90 deg. out most
of the time (especially when I first start the car....after an hr. or two, it works about 1/2 the time) They said that it is a known problem due to it's proximity to the sunroof motor which makes it read wrong.....They said they'd call me once the fix is established for it.... Anyone else have this problem?....It seems to me that if it was just the motor, then it wouldn't work right any time, rather than correcting itself eventually? Len
--
....Order the "Accordion Evolution" documentary of the Las Vegas
International Accordion Convention from my website:
Krazy Kanuck wrote:

My Santa Fe is a month old and it does have some funny readings on the compass. Most of the time it is OK. When it is off it reads 45 degrees off. Nice to know the Sunroof motor does it.
Carl
Carl wrote:

Many compasses need to be periodically calibrated. Typically, this is done by driving the vehicle in circles a few times in a vacant parking lot. Does your owner's manual mention any procedure like this?
My parents' Chevy Venture minivan has such a procedure to use if the compass gets funky.
Matt

problem....It's definetly the interferance from the sunroof motor.....I just hope they get back to me soon....or I'll be lost!<G> Len
A compass? Where the hell are you going? Ecuador?
Sorry...old Gary Shandling joke ;-)