05 Sonata GL

Have an '05 Sonata Gl........(love it) have 97K miles (mine) dealer not much help in info.....it has an acess in tray for 115 W 12 V. ...no he cigarette lighter port.....Hyundai website does not have any help....WHAT would need 115 Watts of juice....besides a police size spotlight.??? Ron

Reply to
Rufus Frodo

That limits you to 10A. The idea is to have enough power available to run most items that would be plugged into a cigarette lighter. For example, my last laptop (huge) had a lighter adaptor. 10A would probably be just enough to keep it running.

I'm not sure what the real question is, though. I don't think you posted just to know what would use 115W.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

115W sounds like alot, since your average lightbulb uses 60 watts.

But everyone forgets that car's run at 12 volts, instead of 120 like indoor wiring, so the 60 watt bulb is only using .5 amps.

More information at

Paradox