05 Sonata high level brake light

The bulb for the high level brake light has blown and I hope someone can explain how to change this bulb. As it seem impossible to take the bulb out without stripping the whole parcel shelf out.

Thread archive:

I have a 2006 and the shelf does have to be removed to access the bulb. Most likely the same on your 2005.
The 2005 should be able to be accessed from inside the trunk. I believe there's direct access to the bulb socket.