05 Sonata stereo trim removal?

How do you remove the faux wood/plastic trim from around the stereo/AC? I'm going to be upgrading the stereo and I don't want to break what is probably a $100 part. Thanks for any info. I assume it has to come out
to do this.
Check for Phillips screws behind the ashtray. Other than that, it should snap loose. I have the best luck inserting a small screwdriver between the radio or heater control and the trim and prying out gently.
Perfect! Thanks. Is there any danger of snapping off plastic tabs, or is it just seated in there?
hyundaitech wrote:

There's always a danger. Just try to pry gently and pull as straight out as you can without twisting up/down or side/side.
snipped-for-privacy@cctimes.com wrote:

I use my faux screwdriver.
Richard