'06 Elantra horn replacement questions

I just replaced my stock tooty horn with a Fiamm 74100. It sounds great, basically a clone of a Buick or Crown Vic etc. American car horn. It's not incredibly loud like an air horn but a nice serious honk. Incredibly easy to install (needs plugs and wiring) except for the connector to the car wiring. (see below)

I have two questions:

1) Does the car alarm use the factory horn? (it's the super high pitched squealer alarm that makes your fillings scream) If so what is going to happen when the car tries to do it through the new horn?

2) Is there any way to get a plug for the new horn's wiring so I can snap it into the wired factory socket? I cut off one prong of a two prong plug and filed it down to fit solid inside the positive side of the factory wiring socket, then tied and wrapped everything, it won't come off. But I'd like to get a waterproof/dirtproof 'factory fit' for the plug. Can't find anything similar in the auto parts stores, and searching for a plug on the web is not productive, there are thousands. The Molex part number on the horn(a Kia horn by the way) doesn't help, not listed anywhere.

Maybe I can buy another factory horn and take off the plug (if it's cheap)?

Thanks!

Reply to
unkadunk
  1. The alarm uses a separate siren.
  2. Your local Hyundai dealer *may* have something in their wire repair kit. If you're *very* nice to them, they may let you have one. If such a connector does exist in the wire repair kit, they may be willing to give you one for a fee, too.
Reply to
hyundaitech

That's what junkyards are for.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Thanks! Appreciate the info!

Reply to
unkadunk

replaced the factory horn on my Elantra with a Ford horn off of a Tempo. Just unplugged the factory horn (that says "KIA" on it) and jambed the wired into the horn wire socket plug. did this 3 years ago...still working. Still thinking about changing the horn on my 06 Sonata. But THEY (2) are hard to get to!!

Reply to
Deck