06 Santa Fe

hey Hyundaitech.. I have an 06 Santa Fe..with a 2.7l v6 when cold starting after it has sat overnight. I have a very loud ping coming from the engine,
sounds like a sticky lifter.. Dealer suggested I change from 10-30 to 5-30w oil which I did. only made it louder.. it goes in this week so they can tear it apart and find which one is noisey.. they say its not causing any damage to drive it, is this true. or is it going to cause any damage to anything else.. Vehicle only has 19,000 k on it.... should I be concerned that this has caused any premature damage to any other part of the engine??
Pete...

Hyundai has a posting on their web tech side attributing noise like this to not using their oil filter. Do you have a Hyundai/Kia filter?

yes. all service work has been done by the dealer, unless they werent using the right filters..;-)

Chances of consequential damage are near zero. In fact, this is a very rare issue with the 2.7L engine.
Thanks Hyundaitech. thats what they told me.. but after all the problems I had with my 04 Elantra GT, wanted to double check..;-) its in the shop now.. get it back on Friday...
Pete...