06 Sonata 3rd brake light.

Took my 06 Sonata in for ABS/ESC light, replaced brake light switch under warranty/recall. The dealerships inspection revealed my 3rd brake light was blown. Dealer would replace bulb for $102... I said no. I looked at the light (on top and underneath (in the trunk)). I see no obvious way to change this out. If someone knows can you please let me know before I break something trying to figure it out. Rob

Reply to
Rob

You'll need to remove the package shelf. That's why the dealer asked for $102. Either paying or doing it yourself, you're not going to be very happy about it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I imagine there will be many unlit 3rd lights in the future. They should make the designers change the bulbs at least once a week.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski